[lm-sensors] Where are all the sensors?

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Jul 6 11:04:13 CEST 2011

Hi Luca,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:48:43 +0200, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Jeff Rickman <jrickman at myamigos.us> wrote:
> > Luca, would that modified F71882FG driver (from ~June last year) be
> > useful/helpful here? In my case it was a F71862FG chip where ACPI claimed
> > the ports but DSDT suggested something to you. I guess it really depends on
> > the DSDT code. BTW, I still use that modified driver on that Jetway NC92-330
> > board and it still works fine even with Fedora Core 15.
>
> It was an ugly hack :) I modified the driver to access the hwmon chip
> using the methods exposed by the firmware instead of letting the
> driver touch the chip directly. Unfortunately the hack is very board
> specific...

I still have to test this approach on a Jetway board of mine with a
Fintek F71805F chip.

Why do you say this is ugly? Of course it is vendor specific (or even
board specific) but so is the asus_atk0110 driver. Wouldn't it be a
proper way to deal with the ACPI resource conflict at least on the
Jetway boards, and maybe others? If it works then I can't really see a
reason to not do it, can you? It seems preferable to
acpi_enforce_resources=lax people are using at the moment, at least.