[lm-sensors] sensors doesn't show my fans, only the temperatures.

Mark Bloch mark.bl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:51:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a dv6t-6000 (i7-2630QM ) , sensors-detect finds my hardware.
I can see the temperature of the CPU.

The thing is I can't see my fan(/s?) ( in windows there is a hp software for
controlling the fans, and I have an option in the bios for the fans, so I
know I have them ) .

Can you help me find a solution, I've attached everything I could think of.

I haven't installed any distro just yet, so I've used SystemRescueCd v*
2.2.0.

*My motherboard is listed as :

Mainboard Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Mainboard Name:1657
Mainboard Version:10.22
Mainboard Serial Number:PBWQE05HT0C0QV
Asset Tag:Base Board Asset Tag
Location in chassis:Base Board Chassis Location
Info :  http://pastebin.com/1xFa5Ccp*
*dmesg :http://pastebin.com/fAY69Ac3
lsmod : http://pastebin.com/h5y17Atd
lspci -nn : http://pastebin.com/GxWtyBSt