[lm-sensors] sensors-detect changed screen's vertical rate

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sat Apr 7 17:58:00 CEST 2012

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 15:21:53 +0300, Numan DEMİRDÖĞEN wrote:
> > i2c-2 is precisely the I2C bus where your EDID is and where the problem
> > happened. AFAIK hw_i2c is off by default, so please check why and how
> > it was enabled. Then you may try to turn if off to force software
> > operation of the I2C bus (i2cdetect -l should show that), and then do
> > the i2cset commands again and see if it works. Again my hope level is
> > low but I think it is worth trying.
> >
> > --
> > Jean Delvare
>
> modinfo -p radeon shows that:
> hw_i2c:hw i2c engine enable (0 = disable) (int)
>
> So I wrote radeon_hw_i2c=0 to grub command line, then gave the i2cset

I hope you did not do that but rather radeon.hw_i2c=0. Did you check
with "i2cdetect -l" that hw_i2c wasn't used?

> commands, but it did not work. I also tried radeon.modeset=0 to find
> out whether the culprit radeon's itself, this also did not work.

with modeset=0 I presume you can't see the i2c buses at all so this
doesn't really help.

Meanwhile I found a post from someone who had the same problem:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2011-January/052239.html

This would confirm that sensors-detect was only the trigger rather than
the root cause of the corruption. I'll talk to the radeon driver
maintainer on Tuesday.