[lm-sensors] sensors-detect changed screen's vertical rate

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Tue Apr 10 15:15:26 CEST 2012

Hi Numan,

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:05:49 +0300, Numan DEMİRDÖĞEN wrote:
> > You can check the value of /sys/module/radeon/parameters/hw_i2c.
>
> cat /sys/module/radeon/parameters/hw_i2c
> 0
> So it works. Thank you.

OK. But now this makes me very curious about two things (probably
related) :

* Do you see any mention of "i2c hw bus" in the output of
  "i2cdetect -l" in the case above (i.e. radeon.hw_i2c=0 has been
  passed to grub)?

* What is the value of /sys/module/radeon/parameters/hw_i2c when you do
  NOT pass radeon.hw_i2c=0 to grub?

If the radeon driver uses hardware I2C engines when told not to, that
would be a bug.