[lm-sensors] [Patch] hwmon: (max6639) Set Pulse per revolution loop for both channels

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Feb 16 22:29:22 CET 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 00:56:00 -0500, Chris wrote:
> Removed initialization to leave bios or hardware defaults alone.

Err, this is going too far. The original author of the code obviously
needed the driver to initialize the chip, otherwise he wouldn't have
defined a platform data for this purpose. Killing the initialization
function altogether makes no sense. All I said was that it seemed
curious to do it all _by default_.

Anyway, this is really a secondary issue at this point. The main
problems is the two functional bugs we spotted in the driver. We should
fix them first, and then we can discuss the rest if there is an
interest. I'm not using this driver and I don't know who is in
practice, so I don't care that much.

Please resubmit a (-p1) patch fixing the issue your originally spotted
instead.

Thanks,