[lm-sensors] Support for SMBus based GMT G781 and G7811 temperature sensors.

Mike Gorchak lestat at i.com.ua
Mon Jan 23 07:02:20 CET 2012

Hello, Guenter!

 GR> never mind; no idea if G7811 ever really existed. I found version 1.3
 GR> of the datasheet which describes both G781 and G781-1. Can you test the
 GR> driver and sensors-detect if I send you a pointer to the code ?

It seems that this patch is ok, except for one thing.

Let me explain what I did. I added support for ACPI SMBus connected to
Embedded Controller to the lm-sensors (for a netbook without proper ACPI
support). There are two G781 sensors connected to this bus, one to the
address 0x4C and one to the 0x4D. Both sensors have 0x01 as device id. But
patch assumes that only G781-1 can be connected to the 0x4D address.

Thanks for the fast answer! :)

With best regards, Mike Gorchak.  E-mail: lestat at i.com.ua