[lm-sensors] lm75_remove: LM75 Device remove using sysfs delete_device

Sasikanth babu sasikanth.v19 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:22:02 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:51:32 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > I suspect it requires additional patches to work. Jean might know.
> > fe61e07e9ebc890c70d97a1f72ddaad4bee2d848 seems relevant, and there may
> be others,
> > even infrastructure changes.
>
> fe61e07e9ebc890c70d97a1f72ddaad4bee2d848 is certainly relevant too,
> yes. I can't think of anything else, but that was long ago, so I could
> miss something else.
>
> > Can you switch to a more recent kernel ?
>
> This would seem reasonable, yes, 2.6.34 is getting very old and
> unsupported, and it did not even support I2C multiplexing so I take it
> that you already did a fair amount of backport to get to the kernel
> you're currently running. No real surprise you get into trouble...
>
> --
> Jean Delvare

Yes, as you had mentioned we just backported I2c mux support.
I planning to use
linux-2.6.39.4.tar.bz2<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.39.4.tar.bz2>kernel
(Since I cant go to 3.x kernels for now).
Is that version is fine with I2c mux devices or do I have to go with 3.x
kernels.?

Thanks
Sasi