[lm-sensors] Interpreting lm-sensors's output

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Mar 20 04:01:48 CET 2012

>> k10temp-pci-00c3
>> Adapter: PCI adapter
>> temp1:        +51.5°C  (high = +70.0°C)
>>                        (crit = +100.0°C, hyst = +97.0°C)
[...]
>> OT1H the "high=70" and "crit=100" would seem to give me the answer, but
>> OTOH I don't know whether I can trust them (actually, I hope some of
>> the output is "wrong" since the sensor readings go up routinely to 80°
>> during long compilations).
> They are correct and you should trust them.  If you reach 80°C then you

Just one more question about these numbers: would the same numbers
appear under Windows (everything else being "equal")?

        Stefan

PS: I'm trying to argue with the company (Zotac) that my board has thermal
problems, but they suck (i.e. they dismiss GNU/Linux users), so I need
to be sure that the numbers they give me (which they get under Windows
from I don't know which tool) are comparable to the ones I see.