[lm-sensors] fancontrol: max of multiple temp sensors for single PWM control

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Mar 21 11:54:23 CET 2012

A while back, there was this post

http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2010-July/029109.html

which sumed up the issue (for me, the alternating-fan sound pattern is
annoying). I attach a patch to make this possible, by giving a comma-
separated list of temperature sensors in FCTEMPS.

I've tested it by forcing the affinity of a high-load process to different
cores, while monitoring the /sys/class/hwmon/hwmonN/device/pwmM contents to
make sure it does not change.

(Not subscribed, please CC.)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)